Thursday, April 30, 2015

British Museum

After Paddington Station, I rode to the British Museum. It is huge and very grand. It was also very busy.  


For me, it was a bit of a let-down. First of all, I couldn't even see, let alone photograph, the Rosetta Stone...


The collection of ancient artifacts is impressive, of course, but I have to say that after walking around ancient Turkish sites and standing beside tombs and pillars in the Egyptian desert, it is simply not the same to see them in glass cases or on stands in a museum.


And how funny to come all the way from Alberta, to see this:


So a short visit here was enough for me. The area around the museum is interesting; it's next to the University of London, the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (where many favourite actors, including Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry and Emma Thompson, trained) and other institutes of higher learning.


 The cycle hire station is right across from RADA

No comments:

Post a Comment