Today, mid-morning, we flew to Copenhagen. We took the train from the airport and once again I was unpleasantly surprised to be dumped off in the middle of a bridge. It has to be the strangest train station ever.
When choosing hotels, I'd had a hard time deciding on a good one. Hotels here are not cheap and the hotels in the area I was familiar with were booked-up, so I had to choose somewhat at random, ending up with "66 Guldsmeden".
A 900 m walk is not very long, but on a warm day, over cobblestones and irregular sidewalks, while carrying a backpack and pulling a large suitcase containing a folding bike, it can seem endless. We made it, however, and found the hotel had a delightful courtyard where we could pause for a drink and cool off a bit before checking in.
The room was also lovely, and breakfast the next day was delicious.
We spent the rest of the day exploring the city. I had visited here before, in 2015, so I enjoyed showing Dave some of my favourite places, such as the yellow rowhouses, the star fort, and of course The Little Mermaid.
We also climbed the Round Tower and the tower at the Church of our Saviour.
| The Marble Church |

No comments:
Post a Comment