But I enjoyed walking around the neighbourhood and seeing people on their way to school and work. In this case, it involved a lot of bikes. Nothing like in Amsterdam, but still more than in Edmonton.
Since I knew I was leaving and these people would never see me again, I took lots of photos.


I wonder if they give out parking tickets to bikes!?
A mom and child on their way to school.
I was surprised to see how many cyclists in Stockholm wear helmets. I had heard that "in Europe cyclists don't wear helmets" but n Stockholm in is definitely not true. I would guess that about half the people I saw were wearing helmets.
Some of the bike brands were interesting: Crescent, Monark, The Flying Finn... and Yosemite. Go figure.
Lots of child seats on the backs of bikes.
When I wanted to buy one for my granddaughter, the guy at our local bike shop said they don't sell them because they are not safe. Tell that to these people!!
I loved these apartment buildings with so much character.
And there was another beautiful park...
![]() |
| the magpies made me feel right at home! |
![]() |
| the green grass was NOT like home! |

I thought these single-seater park benches were kind of funny. They are just like regular benches, but wide enough for only one person. And to top it off, they face away from each other, so you are guaranteed privacy if you sit in one!
I also made sure I knew exactly where the Metro (T-bana) station was -- it is next to the big roundabout with the fountain and park.
























No comments:
Post a Comment