Saturday, March 14, 2015

Stockholm - March 2: moving to the Hotel Karlaplan

After my bike ride, I walked back to the hotel, picked up my luggage and set out on foot for my next hotel, The Hotel Karlaplan. It is a 2 kilometer walk. To get there, I again walked through the Saint Johannes churchyard and then down and up the stairs to the park with Linnaeus's statue.




It seems fitting for the father of binomial nomenclature to have his statue in such a pretty, peaceful park, along with the National Library.



This hotel is also a Best Western and I booked it using my Air Miles. I didn't expect the red carpet treatment:



The Air Miles deal was for a room in the basement (!) but I paid 100 kroner to get a room on the 5th floor. It was worth every krone to have this view:



This was the old elevator, no longer in use:


The street the hotel is on...



... and the room


Breakfast here was not quite as good as at the Hotel Kom, but it was certainly nothing to complain about:



 The lighting was a little strange and made it hard to take photos




No comments:

Post a Comment